Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer Ending

This has been a fabulous summer for me. I kept myself busy, basically, playing the entire summer away with my son. God gave me strength and allowed me to have longer periods of time in between my valleys. As the summer draws to a close, I find that I am flooded with a flashback of feelings. August is here, and I have dreaded this month all summer. August is always a little sad for teachers returning to work and ending the summer fun, but it will now forever be a difficult month for me because of it being Allie's birth month. I hate that these two coincide with each other, because the emotions and stress of starting a new year is tough enough without having additional emotional stress put in the mix.

I have to put up a fight every day just to make myself get out of bed, act as normal as possible in front of people, not to have a nervous breakdown, stay strong for my three year old, and etc... but there are some days when I can no longer put up the fight. This weekend was one of those moments. There is still so much grief that needs to escape this body of mine, and I am sure that this meltdown was brought on by the flashbacks that I have been having this week. I close my eyes and I am there (every image, every sound, every smell, every thought, every plead with God to heal my baby). As I begin my new school year that also nears what should have been her 1st birthday, I am overwhelmed. It is as though I am reliving last year all over again. My mind is clouded with the thoughts that were in my mind last year at this time. I remember all of my fears that seem so minuscule now. Will my brain always relate starting school with those feelings? Is it just because it the first year? Maybe. I've been thinking a lot about my Little Allie recently, and I have had a rather tough weekend/week. I'm sure this is not the last of it with her birthday approaching, so please say an extra prayer for us. Thank you again for everything you do.


P.S. Don't forget about Allie's butterflies if you want to send her a birthday message. Just email me a picture of a butterfly with your message to her. I'll leave you with this video of butterfly bubbles that Allie's Gamma sent. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

Bubble Butterflies


5 comments:

Robin August 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

Oh Susan, I am so sorry that this week has been so tough for you. Just know that we are still praying for you and will be here if you ever need anything!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Robin :o)

Gamma B.,  August 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

I know this will be tough. Everywhere I look there is a butterfly. They make me smile and remember Allie's smiles. My prayers and thoughts are with you all every hour. Lean on God and each other. Talk about it whenever you can. It will help. Sending you my message this weekend. Is that soon enough or do you need it sooner?
Love always,
Gamma

Gamma,  August 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Thinking of you today.
Love,
Mom/Gamma B.

Tracie S.,  August 17, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Thinking and praying for all of you and sending butterfly kisses! We don't always know the answers (especially the why part), but we do know that God is always there! Lots of Hugs, Kisses and Love, Tracie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie August 17, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

We don't know each other, but I have your Butterfly logo on my blog, and wanted to refresh my memory about what I was supposed to do Wednesday. I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult month, and I can certainly understand why you are struggling. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you start back to school and approach your sweet Allie's birth date. The butterfly bubble video was beautiful. laurie

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP