Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday to Our Angel in Heaven

Dear Allie,

I told myself that I wasn't going to cry today. Well, at least not a lot anyway, because I wanted to remember that today was the celebration of a joyous occasion. One year ago today God sent us one of his most precious angels. I can remember everything so vividly, as though it were yesterday, and I remember Dr. Ballard giving us ALL of the reasons that we had to induce (because she knew that I wasn't for it). I couldn't choose a day to induce, because I thought that I would be choosing the day that my baby was going to die. But, one year ago today, you proved the whole world wrong. You came into this life a little fighter, and we did not have to say goodbye on your birthday like we had all thought. Therefore, the reason I want to remember your birthday as a happy day. You were so precious and the tiniest baby your Daddy and I had ever held. I remember trying to quickly wipe away my tears, as I held you in my arms, because I wanted to make sure that I could see every inch of you clearly. I remember your Daddy's precious smile as he held you in his arms for the fist time. I remember how proud your brother was to finally get to kiss and hug you. You were a blessing from day one, and the number of lives you have touched is countless. It feels like an eternity since I have held you in my arms, and most days I just don't know how I am going to make it, but somehow I manage. I wish so bad that you could have been here to celebrate you 1st birthday, and I want to kiss your sweet little head more than anyone could ever know. The pain of knowing that you have a sweet, precious baby that you cannot hold or love on is almost unbearable. Big brother still asks about you a lot, and he continues to get confused from time to time. He wanted to know the other day when you were coming back since God made you better. I hope that you are having the best time up in Heaven and sharing some cake with all of your other angel friends. I wish I were there to witness your first steps, and tell you how much I love you, and give you lots of hugs and kisses. Until I can hold you in my arms again, I'm sending plenty of butterfly kisses your way. We love you and miss you tremendously, Allie. Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl! We release these butterflies in memory of you on this special day.



"As you release this butterfly in honor of me, know that I'm with you and will always be.Hold a hand, say a prayer, close your eyes and see me there.
Although you may feel a bit torn apart, please know that I'll be forever in your heart. Now fly away butterfly as high as you can go. I'm right there with you more than you know."

~ Jill Haley


8 comments:

Gramma,  August 19, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Happy Birthday, Allie! One year ago today, you blessed us all! We miss you and look forward to seeing you one day in heaven. Sending my butterfly kisses to you now.
Susan and Michael, the butterflies are fantastic!!! Perfect!!!!
Love you all!
Mom/Gramma,

Robin August 19, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

Happy Birthday Allie! Even though we all love you and miss you very much, you are in the most wonderful place. I can't wait to see you again one day!

We love you all so much!

Marty, Robin, Chelsea, and Jameson

Cathy August 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Happy Birthday Allie! You are truly a beautiful earthly Angel and Heavenly Angel. To you family today and each day we will pray for them. I was never blessed to meet you, but I was blessed to have know about you from many miles away. You continue to reach out and touch others who are wondering if they will get to know their baby like your family did. Beautiful child in Heaven you are very loved.

Catherine Hamilton August 19, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

Happy Birthday beautiful baby girl! Our world is a better place because you were here, but we know you are in a better place than we could ever try to imagine. We think about you, your mommy, daddy, and big brother often. You all have been an inspiration to us.

Love,
Chris, Catie, & Tucker

Bargain Decorating with Laurie August 19, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

So many beautiful butterflies for such a beautiful little girl. God be with you all. laurie

Unknown August 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Happy Birthday Allie!! Thinking of you all today. Rebekah

Jfrank August 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

The butterfly slide show & the butterfly release were both beautiful ways to remember Allie. I know that when everyone sees a butterfly from now on they will smile and think about the joy that Allie brought this world! Thank you for sharing the butterfly birthday wishes. With love, Stephan, Jennifer & Dakota Frank

Jed August 26, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

What a beautiful tribute to Allie and a beautiful butterfly slide show. She touched so many lives in her short life. I feel priviledged to have gotten to know her through her trisomy page as well as this blog. She is in a better place and I am sure she is watching her family with loving eyes. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful tribute.
Love, Lynne

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP