Sunday, January 31, 2010

On a Happier Note....

Sorry, my posts from November to January have been so grueling. I guess that was just my emotional place at the time and I had to let it all out. Thank you all for listening and providing comfort during those lowly times. I wanted to change the tone a little with this post, so I am writing about something happy that has happened with Allie's story. A few weeks back I received an email from a very sweet young lady wanting to use Allie's information for her school project. They were given an assignment to research a disorder and present their findings to the class. She had chosen Trisomy 18 and came across my precious Allie's story during her research. She put together a fabulous PowerPoint presentation which included some information about Trisomy 18 and some pictures of Allie along with many other precious T18 babies. When she informed me of how the presentation went, she told me that she had decided to just print out a copy of Allie's story from the T18 website to go along with her presentation. She said the other students were amazed by her story and just how beautiful Allie was, and that they were all asking if they could keep the printout for themselves afterwards. That just warms a mother's heart. I want to give a special thanks to Sarah for doing such a wonderful job and getting the word out there to a few more people about Trisomy 18.

P.S.
Michael finally convinced me to take the plunge and cross over into the 21st century. I am now on facebook. :)

9 comments:

Robin January 31, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Susan, no need to apologize for your posts....this is your blog and we read your blog because we love you and want to help you get through this. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

That is so special about Sarah's presentation!

I am so glad to "see" you on Facebook! It is overwhelming at first, but you will get used to it quickly!

Love you very much!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Jed February 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

What a great thing about Sarahs presentation. It is nice that Allies story is helping to inform other people about Trisomy 18. Also congratulations on Facebook. I will send you a friend request.
Lynne

Jfrank February 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Susan this is wonderful. Made me smile reading it. Did you get to see a copy of the presentation?

It's official you are sucked into the F.Book world!

Love ya-Jennifer

Gamma B.,  February 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

How wonderful!!! Thanks to Sarah for sharing Allie's story. She was and is so special to us. It's great that others can learn about her and become educated about Trisomy 18.
Love to all!
Gamma

Anonymous,  February 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous,  February 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Carla February 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

Your daughter is beautiful. She was beautiful when she was in your arms and is even more exquisitely beautiful in the arms of her heavenly father. Hugs from one T-18 mommy to another.

SarahBelle March 17, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

i enjoyed making the presentation...it was a big learning expierence...and thank you for letting me use yall's story..

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP