Monday, June 29, 2009

Blog Button


Look what my sweet, sweet friend Robin did for me! She created me this beautiful button to add to my blog to let everyone know about Allie's Birthday butterflies. Isn't she just the best! Now others can "grab" the button and add to their blogs for all to see. The wonderful response that we have already received has completely amazed us. We have received such gorgeous butterflies and birthday messages for our precious Allie, and we are so grateful to everyone that has helped with this special birthday memorial. We cannot thank you enough.
For those that do not already know about Allie's Butterfly Kisses, and would like to participate, I have included the instructions below. Our precious baby girl passed away January 14, 2009 due to the chromosomal disorder, Trisomy 18. We were able to share 148 glorious days with her, and we thank God for allowing us enough time to get to know and love her. Our theme with her life was butterflies, so we felt that it was only appropriate to do a butterfly release on what would have been her first birthday. We also decided that we would like to release virtual butterflies on our blog, the day of her birthday, so that butterflies from all over could be released in her honor. All you need to do is send us an image of a butterfly, or an image of a butterfly item, etc... to the following email address: alliesparents@gmail.com Feel free to send Allie a birthday message as well. If you do not wish to leave a message or your name, we would like to at least know where the butterfly comes from because we are wanting to incorporate the messages and locations with her slide show as well. Thank you all so much for your help with this special Birthday memorial.

8 comments:

Robin June 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

IT WORKED!!! YIPEEEE!!!

You are TOO sweet! I hope you know I did this because I love you all so much!!!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Jfrank July 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

I love it & it's the right color :-) That is very precious! & I know Susan & Michael love it too.

Jfrank July 2, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

I added this to my facebook :-)

Susan and Michael July 2, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Thanks Jennifer! You are most definitely right about that. We LOVE it! I thought that is was pretty neat too that she picked purple. Like I told Robin, it's perfect. :)

Unknown August 13, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Thoughts and prayers are with yall during this time. What a beautifal little girl. I'm sure your time with her was an enormous blessing.--Matt Ponder

Unknown August 14, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Through my friendship with Kenny, I know how blessed you were to spend 148 days with Allie. May God bless and strengthen you as you near this special day.

Bill and Jane Boos

monica ponder August 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Thank you so much for sharing your precious angel Allie with us. She was the embodiment of Psalms 139: "13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you."
Susan, I believe that it was nothing short of divine intervention that led to me being the only parent to show up at our Gifted Program meeting in May. The opportunity to just release all of those emotions with such purity and honesty was one of the most therapeutic, profound and precious experiences of my life. Remember, to feel anger is not blasphemous, to question why is not lack of faith, to greive is not weakness-there's actually a condition that includes all of those symptoms-I believe it's called "being human!" And anyone who would tell you otherwise should have their status as a "human" investigated ASAP. God bless you and Michael and Mason. I hope to see you again soon. love, monica ponder

Anonymous,  February 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

nice, i just added even more new emo backgrounds 2 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP