Sunday, May 10, 2009

Celebrating Mother's Day with a Broken Heart

If you were to ask me how I feel today, then I might reply with a simple ;laksdjovijnoajhlkdlkdowieghnosdlkdvoaioiuerwvndkjfhgzlsialdkoig because there are no words to actually describe how I feel. I tried my best to stay focused on other events going on in my life, such as celebrating Michael's birthday this week, but I knew the emotional breakdown was unavoidable. The pain was building, my empty arms were beginning to ache even more than usual, and the lump in my throat was growing. My entire body was engrossed with sharp pains, because I knew that I would be celebrating Mother's Day with a broken heart. It was so difficult celebrating this special day with a small piece missing. The piece that makes me who I am. I feel as though when I cry my whole body weeps. I have thought before about the pain that people must feel on this day when they have lost their mothers, but it has never occured to me the pain of a mother who has lost her child. I am so thankful for my sweet little boy in these moments. He is the light of my life, and his love brightens my sorrow. I know that many prayers for me have entered Heaven today, and I want to thank everyone for being so thoughtful. Thank you again, and I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all of the other Mothers celebrating today with a broken heart.

5 comments:

kayla.campbell May 11, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

thank you...and sadly i am kinda jealous of you today. i really dont even feel like a mother, my arms are so empty. and the fact that we just found out that brandon died of a appendicitis, and that he could have been saved, makes me all the more angrier and all the more depressed. i just wanted to tell u that i have thought about u a lot latley susan, thank you for the mothers day wish, you have to have been there to know how much today hurt, and sadly we do. love you, kayla

Aimee May 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

I thought of you all day. I know your miss your sweet Allie. I miss her too. She is not forgotten.

Delekatala May 12, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

I too completely checked out for mothers day. How can we celebrate when a part of what makes us mothers aren't here. It is just another reminder. I am starting to hate holidays in general.

Jed May 18, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

I know how precious Allie was to you and how much you miss her. I hope it brings comfort to know that there are a lot of people who care about you and are praying for you. Hope that helps you get through this most difficult time.

Catherine Bonner April 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

What a beautiful angel...and what a beautiful site you have created to help others. I would like to provide a link to your site from mine, because so many of the people who come to unbrokenheart have suffered the loss of a child. Please let me know if this would be acceptable to you. And God Bless you for all you are doing to help others.
Sincerely,
Catherine Bonner
www.unbrokenheart.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP