Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rest in Peace

Today was filled with mixed emotions because Allie's marker was put into place. What do you guys think? Isn't it just precious? I don't think it could have turned out any more perfect. I am not sure if you can tell in the pictures or not, but the butterflies and flowers are different shades of purple. Her sweet little angel foot marker puts a smile on my face, and that is exactly what I was looking for. Miller's Monuments was absolutely fabulous! They were so sweet and thoughtful. We know that alot of TLC went into her marker. We love that we have this for her now, and the only thing left is to put down the sod and get some flowers for her vase. At the same time I am filled with sadness because it makes everything so final. It is at times like this when my life feels so surreal, and I think to myself, "Is this really my life? Did I really lose my baby?, etc.." She was one special little girl, and I think her headstone fits the part.















Isn't her Little Foot Marker Just Too Cute!
























11 comments:

Jfrank April 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Wow! You both did an awesome job picking out the perfect marker for Allie. Seeing it for the first time immediately brought tears to my eyes but it also made me smile. It's so precious! Thank you for sharing this. You are both wonderful people and parents. From both of us, J&S

Robin April 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Oh Susan, it couldn't be MORE perfect! The footstone is just the perfect little touch! You can tell that every detail was lovingly chosen, planned, and created. Such a perfect marker for such a perfect little girl!
Thank you for sharing.

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Gramma,  April 30, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

It's perfect... Our angel.
Gramma

Jed April 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

What a beautiful headstone. It could not be more perfect. The footstone just makes it complete. What a beautiful tribute to your precious angel. It shows all the thought and love that went into selecting it.
Love,
Lynne

Susan and Michael April 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

You all are just too sweet!!!

Love you guys :)
Susan

Tracie,  May 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

What more can I add (through tears and a smile)? It's just beautiful and perfect....just like our Allie angel. Though we don't talk as often as we should, just know that We love you and you are in our constant prayers!! (PS. Advice from his sister...Don't give Michael too big of a head...talking about how sweet, good and handsome he is - his grin cannot get any bigger! ha, ha.). Love, Tracie

Mrs. May 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

I love the text about the fleeting beauty of a butterfly - absolutely perfect!

Susan and Michael May 2, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Thanks,
We thought that poem was the perfect representation of her time on Earth with us.

Susan Brewer

Gail The Reading Lady May 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl. Thank you for sharing with us.
Love ya,
Gail

jengallahar May 3, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

This is so beautiful, Susan. Thinking of you often!

Anonymous,  May 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

I have to say this is the most beautiful marker I have ever seen!! The poem fits her so perfectly:) You have and will always be apart of my thoughts and prayers:) You have really made an impact on my son Devan and he is truly never gonna forget you and your beautiful angel Allie. May God Bless you and your sweet family:)
Love y'all,
Jennifer and Devan Miller

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP