Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh, to have such joy.

I have been so saddened by the fact that my three year old had to learn about the facts of life so young, but it has brought up some very intriuiging conversations. During nighttime prayer time, Allie is always at the top of his what I'm thanful for list. This, of course, gets his mind on Allie and the thoughts and questions usually start to flow like: When is Allie coming back?, I wanted to play with her, I miss her, etc... It is difficult, but I try my best to hold it all together for him and answer his questions. He doesn't understand everything, and sometimes we have to remind him of things, but I am completely amazed at the wonderful comprehensive conversations I have been able to have with my THREE year old about Heaven and God. I love the fact that he is so curious and feels so comfortable expressing his feelings to his dad and me. The other night when we were saying our prayers, Mason started talking about Allie again. He expressed how much he missed her and that he wished she was here, and then he asked, "Why did the Lord take her? I didn't want the Lord to take her." My heart hurt for him. My husband and I both tried to gather ourselves and then explained that the Lord did not take Allie. We talked about how Allie's body didn't work, and we talked about getting to go to Heaven, and then we talked about how wonderful Heaven is. By this time Mason was so excited he was squeeling. With the biggest smile on his face he said, "I'm going to get to go to Heaven one day! I will get to see Allie, and she is going to say, 'There's my brudder!', and she will be so happy! She will get to run and play with me because she will be perfect!" Through our tears we hugged him and sobbed, "That's right, that's right Little Man." Later, when I had time to look back on that wonderful moment with my son, I thought to myself, Oh, if we could all have such joy about Heaven.

3 comments:

Robin February 8, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Oh, he is such a precious little man! It is absolutely amazing how much he comprehends about Heaven, and how everything will be so perfect! You are so right, if EVERYONE could have such joy about Heaven.

Love you!

jengallahar February 9, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I have tears right now, he is so precious! Do you remember me telling you on August 19th that my son had accepted Christ while we were in the carpool line? You know we were talking about Allie and what a miracle she was and that we never know how many days we have on earth; that we may leave here at anytime. He felt such an urgency then to make his decision, not knowing if the Lord would call him home that day. I'll always remember that day. And Allie sparked it all!

Catherine Hamilton February 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

You have an amazing little boy. I know this has been very hard for him to understand, but what a wonderful understanding he has of heaven! He has that understanding because of his parents and their faith and belief. What a wonderful world this would be if everyone could have the same understanding and joy as little Mason. You must be so proud of him.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP