Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our mountain get-away

Yes, we are the crazy ones at the putt putt
in the cold and drizzly rain.


My boys showing off after sinking their putts.





Oh, the agony! That putt should have made it!


Such a cutie! Can't you see where our son gets his sweet smile from?


Our 'Little Tiger Woods'

Okay, we are not the only crazy ones.





His first train ride. Who cares if it was at a putt putt :)


Our visit to the aquarium.



Dudnt, Dudnt.....




He was just a blur running through this tunnel.



Yes, we are at another putt putt. He thought this was the only reason we went to the mountains. We took him three times, and I still don't think it was enough :) He loves it!
He has seen it all now.
Pigs can fly!
Enjoying God's beauty.
Deer playtime.

He loves the outdoors.
110% boy

Don't.....too late.
Peek-a-boo!

We got away this weekend to the mountains. It was a nice trip. I guess I had it in my head that this would be a 'cure all' trip, but that may not be possible right now. I had some very emotional moments while away. We received our first "Is this your only child?" question, and I simply replied, "No, we have two. Our daughter is in Heaven." Then, of course, they give you that pity look and tell you how sorry they are. I really didn't care if it made them feel uncomfortable, I was telling the truth. There was also a family staying at our hotel with a baby about Allie's age, and it was really difficult seeing them snuggling with the baby, playing with the baby in the pool, smooching on the baby, etc... I couldn't help but watch and envy. I was missing my sweet baby girl so bad, and I knew that she would have loved playing in the pool. I hated that she never got the chance to see the Great Smokey Mountains, but we did take her to many places and I am so thankful that we were given that time. I knew Saturday was going to be a tough day, and I was right. I think that it did help that we were able to get away. As you can see from the pictures, we were able to have a few moments of escape. It was nice being with my family and enjoying God's creation. Sorry for so many pictures, but I wanted to share each part of our trip with you guys. Thanks for all of the prayers and words of encouragement.

Love,

Susan


6 comments:

Anonymous,  February 17, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

It looks like you all had a great time getting away. Know that we are still praying for you! Love, The Harbins.

Robin February 17, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Ohhh Susan, I am laughing and crying at the same time! You look like ya'll had such a great time. Don't apologize for the pictures, they are FANTASTIC!!! I am so glad that you were able to get away!
We love you!!
Robin (and Marty)

Anonymous,  February 17, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Love the pictures! Thinking of you today with love and prayers.
Love,
Mom (Gramma)

Anonymous,  February 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

i am so glad yall had fun..we had the same getaway..but at christmas..we played putt putt at that place with the train to..dont you think the water was very blue..i left allie a bear on her grave hope you dont mind..i got brandon a puppy for his..and i couldnt leave her out. love you susan..and i am so glad that yall had fun. lots of love, kayla and wesley campbell

Anonymous,  February 18, 2009 at 1:37 AM  

Looks like little Tiger Woods had a good time and it was good to see smiles on your faces. I am glad you all got to get away. It does the soul good!
Love you,
Amy

Jed February 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Such great pictures. I am so glad you got to go away as a family. Looks like Mason had a great time. I am praying that God continues to give you the strength to help you through this difficult time. I am sure Allie is watching you with love as you try to get over you loss.
Love, Lynne

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP