Thursday, March 19, 2009

7 months

Happy 7 month Birthday to my sweet little angel in Heaven. Can you believe that my baby girl would have been 7 months old today. I am consumed with thoughts of all things she might have been doing if she were still here and did not have T18. When I look around at all of the other babies around Allie's age, I get a deep pain in the pit of my stomach. I am reminded of how much I miss her and of all the things that I will never get to see her do. If she were still alive and healthy by now she would probably be sitting up, crawling, cooing, smiling, laughing, and doing all of the other wonderful things that a baby should be doing. I should be snuggling her in my arms and kissing her sweet little head. It hurts so bad not to be able to kiss my sweet baby. The pain is unimaginable, and I would give anything to feel her soft, fuzzy hair nuzzled up against my cheek again. I'm so sorry to lay it all out there, but as I guess you can probably tell, today has been really tough and it helps me to write out my feelings. This time of the month is always so emotional for me because her Angel day is only 5 days away from her birthday. I am filled with grief, and a lot of days I am not sure what to do with it all. Most days I keep my mind away from the memories because I feel that if I am not thinking about it, then I will not hurt as much. Not too sure how well this is working out for me because if I ever sit still and allow my mind to be filled with all of the memories, then I have a complete meltdown (Like today). Oh well, I don't think there can be a perfect way to deal with grief. For the most part, you find a way that you are most comfortable with and you push yourself to just keep going. If it helps you to put on a fake smile and tell everyone that your fine, even though your devastated on the inside, then so be it, you made it through another day. Time will help, and I have slowly began to realize that it is okay to let yourself escape the pain from time to time. I can tell that I am starting to heal little by little, because I have recently found myself getting engrossed in conversation with others and actually truly laughing (I think this is a HUGE step). Mourning for your Child is an extremely difficult journey, and the one thing that I know for sure is that it cannot be made without God.

I will post soon about my Spring Break, because even though it may not seem like it today I have had a good break and shared some wonderful moments with Mason and other family and friends.

On a technical note~ I have had several people either tell me, email me, or post on Allie's Trisomy page that they are not able to leave messages on the blog. I am not sure why this is happening, but the only advice I know to give is to maybe try clicking the bubble next to one of the other choices besides Google account. Had anyone else experienced this, or do you have any advice to share? I would greatly appreciate it.

3 comments:

Robin March 19, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I am so sorry you are having such a rough day today! Hopefully, they will eventually become fewer and further between!
I am glad that you have been able to have some good laughs and conversations....YOU DESERVE THEM!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

MUCH LOVE!
Robin

Cathy March 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

It breaks my heart to read how you feel, but you were such a sweet mommy who loved her little girl so much.I can only cry when I read your writing and then I look at that sweet picture of Allie. I am praying for a few that ache I know you must feel in your arms. I don't pray that it go away, I just pray that there be some comfort to it that you love her so much in her time here on Earth til you meet again.

Super B's Mom March 26, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

My heart goes out to you during this time of grief...it is obvious that you are an amazing mother.

You will be in my prayers.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP