Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow in the South

What a fantastic weekend! We went from splashing in mudpuddles on Saturday to playing in the snow on Sunday. I know those of you that are not from the south are laughing your heads off at us right now, but getting snow in the south is a very rare occasion so we get extremely excited when we finally get snow :) We had a blast!!!! Saturday the boys, this includes Mason's 'buddy', did what all typical 3 year old boys would do when they saw a mudpuddle. They jumped, ran, and splashed in the puddles until they were completely drenched from head to toe with mud. I mean, they literally rolled in the mud like little pigs, and enjoyed every second. We thought our fun had reached the ultimate peak until Sunday morning arrived. Our yard was covered with SNOW!!! How excited we all were! We had snowball fights, we went snow sledding, we built snowmen, and we had hot cocoa. We truly enjoyed ourselves, and there were a few moments when the adults were begging the kids for one more slide. My face muscles were actually sore at the end of the day from smiling, because it has been so long since I had used them. Of course, the rest of my body was aching also, but we will not go into that discussion. Let's just say that it has been a while since we have had a good snow in the south, and I was a lot younger the last time I played in the snow. This past year has been quite difficult, and recently we have been so depressed, and I was thankful to finally have a moment of true happiness. Allie was still on our minds throughout the day, and we each had some moments of sadness as we thought about what she would have done in the snow and wishing that she could have made it to see her first snow. As our snow day ended, we visited the cemetary and built a baby snowman for Allie to see from Heaven. It was a wonderful, winter, weekend, and I am grateful to God for the small moments of joy.
Dorrie's first snow. She didn't know what to do at first :)

Best Buddies!

Phew, at least we had the slide to stop us.

Maybe I will try ............

Nope, he's not as young as he used to be either.

I think we made it.....

Awww... Wipeout!!

Yes, the water was ice cold and maybe I am regretting letting the boys turn that spot into a huge mudpuddle the day before. Those layers and layers of clothes I had on were no match for it :)

Sending a snowman to Heaven

1 comments:

Robin March 4, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

I am so glad that you all had so much fun, even Dorrie! Mason looks like he is having the time of his life! And BOY was your snowman big....ours was teeny-tiny.
I know what you mean about being sore.....WOW, it's been a long time since I've played in the snow!! ;o)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Robin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP