Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tender memories

Wow, so much has gone on since my last post. I previously spoke of wanting to write about the highlights of my Spring Break, but other emotions were getting in the way. A memorable date was soon approaching. Yesterday, March 25, marked two occasions in my life. Not only was I entering a new decade, and we will not discuss which decade that may be :), but it also marked the one year anniversary of when I found out Allie had Trisomy 18. I had so much anxiety built up about this date. I don't know if any of you do this, but I had assosiated certain emotions with this date, and I was expecting something bad to happen again. The memories of this date are still so tender on my mind, and to be honest I really didn't feel like celebrateing my birthday this year. Everyone was absolutely wonderful though. They kept it simple, and I received many beautiful gifts. Some good teasing came along with the new decade, which made it fun and helped to take my mind off of the tender memories. I made it through the day with the help of many prayers, and hopefully I will get to post those lovely highlight pics. from our break soon. Thanks to all of you that said an extra special prayer for me yesterday.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP