Sunday, March 15, 2009

Allie's prints

Yesterday I received a very special gift from my friend Katy and her family. As most of you know, due to the T18, my little Allie's hands stayed in the clinched position and two of her fingers overlapped, making it almost impossible to get handprints. Well, while Allie was still alive Katy and her sweet parents had the ceramic hand and footprints done for me. Wasn't that so thoughtful? It was definitely a challenge, and I think it took three people to get the task accomplished, but it was more than worth the while. Katy delivered them to me yesterday, and I just blubbered like a baby. (It's okay, she knew it was because I absolutely LOVED them). Oh, how I adored those precious, precious handprints. The tiles are not actually glued in the frame yet, so I just clung to them like I was holding her in my arms again. I observed and traced over each tiny detail of those sweet little hands and feet. Words cannot even begin to explain how grateful I was to be given such a priceless treasure. Yesterday was already an emotional day since it was Allie's two month Angel Day, therefore receiving the gift made my day.

Two months~ Wow, two months seems so little in most situations, but it feels like an eternity to me. For some reason I thought the two month anniversary would be easier than the first month, but it wasn't by any means. I almost want to say that it was more difficult, and I am not sure why. Maybe it is due to the fact that I have recently had to face many milestones like: picking out her marker, going back to work, and etc.... I still miss my baby girl tremendously, and I still find myself taking things one step at a time.

















3 comments:

Robin March 15, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Oh Susan, how absolutely precious! You couldn't ask for a more perfect gift!

I'm still thinking and praying for you every single day!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Robin :o)

Anonymous,  March 16, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Absolutely beautiful! My heart cannot believe it has been two months. As you say, the hurt is still strong.
Thinking of, praying for, and loving all of you always.
Love,
Mom (Gramma)

jengallahar March 17, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

What a beautiful gift! Such a special way to keep Allie's memory alive. You are such an inspiration to so many and I thank you again for sharing your thoughts and memories with us! I think about you so often!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP